JPS MyChart Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions is required to access your Medical information online.
JPS Health Network is pleased to offer our patients on line computer access to portions of their medical record through the JPS MyChart web portal. If you believe that you would benefit from this service, you may sign up for access by agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- I understand that JPS MyChart should never be used for urgent or emergent matters.
- I understand that JPS Health Network providers may send me messages via JPS MyChart. It is my responsibility to monitor these messages and respond in an appropriate manner. I must provide JPS Health Network with a valid email address and update JPS Health Network if I change my email account. JPS Health Network may send me emails via my personal email address to notify me that I have new JPS MyChart messages. Messages sent via my personal email will not contain personal health information.
- I agree that all messages that are sent through JPS MyChart will be regarding MY health care and conditions. I understand that asking for advice for a friend or family member is not allowed. Since these messages may become a part of my permanent medical record and will be perceived as my health information, it is important that no one else's information be reflected in my messages. With my authorization, this information may be released to insurance companies when applying for insurance. JPS Health Network takes no responsibility for erroneous medical information that you provide via JPS MyChart that may impact your ability to be covered by insurance. Without my authorization, medical information may be released to my insurance for payment of my health care claims.
- If your physician is out of the office or unavailable to respond to your secure email message, your message may be routed to another JPS Health Network provider.
- I understand that JPS MyChart is intended as a secure online source of confidential medical information. If I share my JPS MyChart ID and password with another person, that person may be able to view my and/or my childís health information, as well as information about someone who has authorized me as a JPS MyChart proxy.
- I agree that it is my responsibility to select a confidential password, to maintain my password in a secure manner, and to change my password if I believe it may have been compromised in any way.
- I understand that JPS MyChart contains selected, limited medical information from a patientís medical record and that JPS MyChart does not reflect the complete contents of the medical record. I also understand that a paper copy of a patientís medical record may be requested from the patientís clinic.
- I understand that my activities within JPS MyChart may be tracked by computer audit and that entries I make may become part of the medical record.
- I understand that access to JPS MyChart is provided by JPS Health Network as a convenience to its patients and that JPS Health Network has the right to deactivate access to JPS MyChart at any time for any reason. I understand that use of JPS MyChart is voluntary and I am not required to use JPS MyChart or to authorize a JPS MyChart proxy.
Use of JPS MyChart will be governed by Texas law. Additionally, the pages on this site are subject to the JPS Health Network website's general terms and conditions as set forth at http://www.jpshealthnet.org/.
Access to the JPS MyChart system is granted to users for the purpose of furthering their medical care. Use of the system unrelated to this purpose may result in the suspension or termination of access privileges. Improper activities include, but are not limited to, as the use of inappropriate or abusive language, reserving appointment times that are not needed or are frequently cancelled and other activities that are deemed to cause a disruption to clinic operations in the sole discretion of the Host Sites.
DISCONTINUING use of JPS MyChart
You can disenroll from your use of JPS MyChart at any time by completing the appropriate online request to disenroll or by calling your physician office.
If we determine at our sole discretion that you have violated this agreement and/or abused the use of this service, we reserve the right to discontinue your use of this service. You will be notified if we discontinue your JPS MyChart service.
A parent or legal guardian of children 0-17 years or individuals age 18 or older may request proxy access to another individualís JPS MyChart account by completing the Proxy Access JPS MyChart Consent Form and submitting it to JPS Health Network. If the proxyís legal relationship with the account holder changes, the proxy must inform the clinic immediately by calling JPS Health Network or sending written notice to JPS Health Network. JPS Health Network reserves the right to revoke proxy access at any time for any reason.
Please note the following age range limitations for JPS MyChart. These age range limitations do not affect any legal right you have to access your childís record by other means. To request a paper copy of your childís record, contact your childís primary care clinic.
- If your child is age 0-17: You will be granted partial access to your childís JPS MyChart record. (e.g., appointment scheduling, immunizations, billing)
- Once your child reaches age 18, you will no longer have access to your childís JPS MyChart record.
Both Federal and Texas laws govern the confidentiality of medical information. JPS Health Network is dedicated to keeping your medical information confidential. JPS Health Network is subject to strict standards on maintaining your confidentiality. By allowing you access to your medical information you must share this responsibility. Please read JPS Health Network's privacy statement and Notice of Privacy Practices for more information, http://www.jpshealthnet.org/About-JPS/Privacy-Policy-and-Notice-of-Privacy-Practices.aspx .
I understand that JPS MyChart may not always be available to me due to system maintenance, back-ups or failures. Access is provided on an "as is available" basis and I am not guaranteed access at any particular time.
JPS Health Network has implemented the following security features:
- Firewall: Personal health information is stored in the secure electronic medical record, protected from the Internet by a firewall.
- Session Timeout: After a period of inactivity, the logon session will time out.
- Monitoring: We constantly monitor the web server for evidence of unauthorized break-in attempts. We apply the latest security patches, as they become available.